Welcome back as we begin week 2 of the Beads Sew Along! This week we begin sewing, and start off with our easiest and fastest blocks, the Bead blocks!
If you are just getting started check out these posts to plan out your project, and get inspired!
- The Beads SAL - Prep Guide
- Beads SAL Printable Schedule
- Beads SAL - Week 1
- Beads Quilt / Starburst Version
- Beads Quilt / Rainbow Scrappy Version
- Beads Quilt / Pink Sugar Baby Version
- Beads Quilt / Blue + Green Essex Version
- Beads Quilt / Friendship Bracelet Version
- Beads Quilt / Cover Quilt Version
Get a copy of the Beads PDF or printed pattern here!
Week 2: 10 Beads Blocks
This week we will begin sewing our first set of 10 blocks, to give you some time to finish cutting up your fabric we are starting slow with our easiest blocks - the Beads Blocks.
Each Bead Block requires 1 Bead Block rectangle and 4 of your background squares.
If you need a guide line on where to sew, draw a line from one corner to the opposite corner on the wrong side of each background square.
After sewing all of your background squares to your rectangle, trim the excess fabric from the corners and press. I chose to press these seams open for this project, but feel free to press to either side, depending on the color fabrics you are using.
Since I am making the throw size quilt and used 10 different fat quarters I chose to make 2 beads of 5 different fabrics this week - to spread out all of the fun fabrics a bit.
This weeks Giveaway!
Week 2 Giveaway!
This weeks giveaway is a fun one I put together. I made a bundle of sunshine - 18 Fat quarters of some of my favorites and three Modern Handcraft patterns perfect for some Springtime sewing!
Prize consists of:
- 18 Fat Quarters of fabric
- 3 Modern Handcraft printed patterns: Increase, Flower Shop and Scallop (you can swap these out for other patterns if you like)
HOW TO WIN:
- Post a pic to Instagram. Share a photo of your fabric pull, your planning process or even all of your fabrics cut up and ready to go! Use #BeadsSAL in the caption.
- You must have a public profile to participate.
- Each photo posted is an entry to win, so enter as many times as you like! Photos from the current week count, we start fresh every week for chances to win.
- Winner will be chosen randomly - and all are welcome to enter!
Congrats to Week 1 winner: @Mizzoupatti
Thanks for joining in friends and I cannot wait to see what you create!