For those of you that keep up with my work over on Instagram you might have noticed a few things other than quilts.... Rope bowls! Yes I know so completely random but I swear to you, keep reading - it's worth it!
For those of you who are not familiar with these little zigzag stitched beauties, they are fast - pretty - and what my family and friends are receiving for Christmas this year.
You can even add a label! I have a little stash of leather labels I bought from a seller on Etsy (cocosheaven), the extra little texture is so fun.
This page contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase after clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
- Natural Cotton 3/16 - inch rope
- Thread - it can be contrasting to add a decorative look or stick with a cream or white to keep a consistent look (this is my favorite)
- 1" strips of fabric to add a bit of color, this is wrapped around the rope while you are sewing
- Sewing machine that does a zig-zag stitch
- Heavy duty sewing machine needle
- a piece of fabric or leather to cover the end (optional)
Another option for covering up the end of the rope is to just cut it, and fold a small piece of leather over the end and straight stitch it down. I found this sample piece of hot pink leather that I had on hand, cut it to about a 1" x 2" piece. It adds a fun pop of color right?
This last one has fabric wrapped around just the very top. You might have also noticed a slight color change on the rope, I started this one with cream and finished the last half with a light grey color thread.
Thanks for stopping by today friends, I hope you enjoyed today's post and it inspires you to try out a new craft. These bowls are super quick and paired with cookies, a candle or lotions would make a fantastic teacher's gift!
Happy sewing friends!