Rebecca Bryan’s most recent finish is a beautiful new book for Stash Books called Modern Triangle Quilts. I am pleased to call this talented woman a dear friend of mine and am so excited to add this book to my collection right next to her last book Modern Rainbows.
Her take on Sampler quilts is just genius. I’m a huge fan of very geometric quilt patterns and solid fabrics so this is not only visually appealing, the quilt options are endless.
You can stick with a specific triangle type: Equilateral, Right or Isoceles or mix them up for a unique combo.
I especially love the paper pieced patterns in the book, they were easy to follow and make for a very modern look. This black and white quilt will be a work in progress over the next few months. Digging through my large stash of black and white fabrics is going to be a big treat, and this is just the perfect project to use them in.
I used a combo of Me + You fabrics Indah Batiks line in black and white and some of my precious Libs Elliot True Love fabrics from Andover.
Instead of a typical book tour hop, Becca asked a few of us to make and send a block from Modern Triangle Quilts inspired by a beautiful blue / green Kona color palette curated by Becca herself.
She combined all of our blocks to create a quilt she named the Well Wishes Quilt.
Also be sure to visit all of the other awesome stops on the blog:
- Sunday, April 2nd: Bryan House Quilts
- Monday April 3rd: Jessee Maloney – www.artschooldropout.net
- Monday April 3rd: Stash Books – www.ctpub.com/blog/
- Tuesday April 4th: Heidi Staples – www.fabricmutt.blogspot.com/
- Wednesday April 5th: Felice Regina – www.
- Thursday April 6th: Giuseppe Ribaudo – @giucy_giuce
- Friday April 7th: Christa Watson – www.christaquilts.com/
- Saturday April 8th: Christopher Thompson – thetattooedquilter.
- Monday April 10th: Karin Jordan – www.leighlaurelstudios.com/
- Tuesday April 11th: Kitty Wilkin – nightquilter.com/
- Wednesday April 12th: Nicole Daksiewicz – thats me!
- Thursday April 13th: Sarah Thomas – www.sariditty.com/
- Friday April 14th: Amy Sinibaldi – www.nanaCompany.typepad.com/
- Saturday April 15th: Rebecca Bryan – www.bryanhousequilts.com
Thanks for stopping by friends – happy sewing!