Paint Mini Quilt

Paint Mini Quilt
July 25, 2014 nicole

Hi friends!

I finally finished another mini quilt / table runner this week and I am so excited to share it with you all!

Modern Handcraft - Paint Mini Quilt

This features a beautiful new line called Paint! by Carrie Bloomston at SUCH Designs for Windham Fabrics. I convinced my roomie at Quilt Market to let me have this charm pack sample of Paint and I am so happy I did. My favorite swatches are the paint swatch print, and I love the grays and newsprint fabrics.

Modern Handcraft - Paint Mini Quilt

Modern Handcraft - Paint Mini Quilt

I thought it would be fun to do a mini quilt fading from light to dark and in color order. This was a quick one to quilt since I did not have to deal with any negative space. I backed and binded this in Britten number fabric from IKEA.

Modern Handcraft - Paint Mini Quilt

Modern Handcraft - Paint Mini Quilt

Modern Handcraft - Paint Mini Quilt

This makes for a fun wall hanging or fits perfectly on my bar shelf under some of my son’s paintings.

Modern Handcraft - Paint Mini Quilt

Modern Handcraft - Paint Mini Quilt

Modern Handcraft - Paint Mini Quilt

Modern Handcraft - Paint Mini Quilt

Modern Handcraft - Paint Mini Quilt

Thanks for stopping by today friends! I am also linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Fridays!

1. krazgrlKaren 4 years ago

Nicole, you never stop amazing me with you fabulous creations. I’m so in LOVE with this table runner. I can’t say that about many runners I’ve seen elsewhere. Ok, off to check out paint.

2. Linda King 4 years ago

What a wonderful mini! How did you apply the hexies? They certainly are adorable.

3. Sondra 4 years ago

love love love this!!!!!!!!!!!! and your images are stunning! Amazing! You are so inspirational, Nicole!

4. Kimberlee 4 years ago

You are my favorite. I always love everything you make. You’re such an inspiration, I want to make this right this second! First, coffee. πŸ˜‰

5. Christine Sherman 4 years ago

Another great finish! I love all your work πŸ™‚

Thank you so much Christine, you are always so kind. Enjoying your Tule quilt progress, don’t you just love that fabric!!

Oh my goodness, Kimberlee you are so sweet! Thank you so much for the amazing comment, you really did just make my day. I hope you do make a hexie project, and please share it when you do – I would love to see it!

Thank you Linda!! I have a tutorial here: http://modernhandcraft.com/2013/11/hexagon-mini-quilt-tutorial/ So much fun and much easier than traditional epp proejects πŸ™‚

Oh you are too nice to me Sondra!! You will have to try this out with some of your fun fabrics that you have in your shop!!

Thank you so much!! The fabric was a treat to work with – even if it was just a teeny bit πŸ™‚ I just love charm packs and how you get the whole collection to play with!

11. Wanda Dotson 4 years ago

How do you attach the hexies to the fabric? applique first ? Just curious if I need to stitch them to the fabric or can I attach them when I quilt them?

12. That is stunning! I love your use of color and the stitching. So lovely. I think I might need to try for a very similar mini now. πŸ˜‰

13. DeborahGun 4 years ago

absolutely stunning. an amazing creation πŸ™‚

14. monique smith 4 years ago

This has to be my favourite this week on CrazY moms…stunning..did you fold in the hexi s and then sew across the top to hold in place or did you baste first?

Thank you Monique! I glued the hexies down with a permanent fabric glue and then did a straight stitch through the points. I have a tutorial that shows the entire how to on my blog if you search hexagons – thanks for stopping by! πŸ™‚

Thank you so much Deborah, so happy that you enjoyed this project πŸ™‚

Oh thank you Katelyn, and please do!! The project is a fun one and you will really enjoy it! Be sure to add your photos to our flickr group too!

Hi Wanda! I glue the hexies down with a permanent fabric glue – the how to is searchable on my blog if you look for hexagons. Much faster and easier than stitching them down to secure. Enjoy the tutorial! πŸ™‚

19. Gemini Jen NZ 4 years ago

I agree with Monique – I think this is my favourite too! What an absolutely wonderful project – I am pinning it (not that I think I’ll every try to make one like it but just so that I can keep looking at it!) Super photography of it too!

20. Emmajane 4 years ago

You made excellent use of the fabrics. Mightily impressed.

21. Elnora 4 years ago

Wonderful! Were the solids included with the line, in the charm pack? I’m dying to make one of these! Mine will be scrappy, so not so well color coordinated, but hope it’ll work out. Thanks for sharing!

22. Wanda Dotson 4 years ago

THANKS. I checked out the tutorial and I’m ready to glue some hexagons onto fabric!

Can’t wait to see them Wanda! Be sure to share over in our flickr group or link up in the comments πŸ™‚

This was created from a charm pack of the entire line – or at least that is what the wrap around paper said. I think the scrappy one will look amazing!!

Thank you Emmajane, so happy that you like it πŸ™‚

Hi Jen, thank you so much and I really hope you do try to make one – much easier than it looks!

27. Ompompali 4 years ago

This is so so perfect! Never before have I wanted to make hexagons – but now I do! It’s such a beautiful piece of work. Congratulations!

28. Molli Sparkles 4 years ago

Your photography is sensational! It’s so fresh, crisp, and compliments this creation magically. Congrats!

29. Vera 4 years ago

Beautiful! Your pics are pure eye candy.

Thank you Vera! This fabric was super easy to photograph, it is so pretty in person!

You are so sweet Molli, big thank you!

32. Keli 4 years ago

Hi there! I was wondering how you created your shapes, you have inspired me to make a wall hanging. Is it just pressed and folded in so that there are no raw edges? I am new to applique so any help is great! Thanks πŸ™‚

Hi Keli! So happy that you enjoyed the project πŸ™‚ I have complete instructions over here: http://modernhandcraft.com/2013/11/hexagon-mini-quilt-tutorial/
    If you make one please share it with us here or over on instagram with #modernhexies.

Pingbacks