Finished Projects, Grey, Quilts, Tutorials

Pinwheel Beach Quilt for Dear Stella

June 5, 2014
seaworthyheader

Hi friends! I am over at Dear Stella today with a fun Pinwheel Beach Quilt Tutorial. This one is a little different because I used a terry cloth backing instead of your normal batting and backing fabric. Seaworthy is a new fabric line by Jack and Lulu for Dear Stella and it features fun nautical prints for boys and girls. The girls line really stands out with some adorable mermaids! We live near the beach in Chicago and thought it would be fun to create a beach quilt for my son to enjoy.

Pinwheel Beach Quilt: Modern Handcraft for Dear Stella // A Tutorial

Pinwheel Beach Quilt: Modern Handcraft for Dear Stella // A Tutorial sea7 Pinwheel Beach Quilt: Modern Handcraft for Dear Stella // A Tutorial Pinwheel Beach Quilt: Modern Handcraft for Dear Stella // A Tutorial

Hope you enjoy the tutorial and if you make it I would love to see it! Please share a link to your project in the comments below :)

Pinwheel Beach Quilt: Modern Handcraft for Dear Stella // A Tutorial sea9 Pinwheel Beach Quilt: Modern Handcraft for Dear Stella // A Tutorial Pinwheel Beach Quilt: Modern Handcraft for Dear Stella // A Tutorial Pinwheel Beach Quilt: Modern Handcraft for Dear Stella // A Tutorial Pinwheel Beach Quilt: Modern Handcraft for Dear Stella // A Tutorial

Thanks for stopping by friends!

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

• Reply becky m June 5, 2014 at 3:11 pm

I love this! So cute. And fun that you photographed it at the beach! :)

• Reply nicole June 7, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Thanks Becky! The beach was fun to take pictures at but keeping up with a runaway toddler was a wee bit difficult :)

• Reply Sondra June 5, 2014 at 4:56 pm

adorable! love this quilt and the photos. great idea to use terry cloth…

• Reply nicole June 7, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Thank you Sondra I am so happy that you love it! The terry cloth was surprisingly easy to work with too!

• Reply Christine Sherman June 6, 2014 at 12:05 am

Great quilt! I have been wanting to do a nautical quilt, this fabric looks so cute :)

• Reply nicole June 7, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Thank you Christine! I just love pinwheels or half square triangles for nautical inspired quilting. The fabric is just perfect and the girls line is even cuter!

• Reply eileensideways (@eileensideways) June 18, 2014 at 12:30 pm

i love the idea of the towel backing. the fabric says “summer”. love it.

• Reply FRANS July 22, 2014 at 10:20 am

I recently made a baby blanket with flannel on top and terry cloth on the back. I really like how it turned out.
    i did have a little trouble with the terry bunching but I picked up a few tips from your Tutorial. Next time I will pre-wash the terry, tape it down and use my walking foot (I just discovered it’s virtues!)
    I’m think bath matts are in my future.

• Reply nicole July 24, 2014 at 8:22 am

Isn’t terry cloth fun to work with on quilts? I think it is the perfect backing for babies and kids too, washing the terry cloth before hand made a huge difference. I have tried it without washing before and it puckered quite a bit. What a great idea to make a bath mat! I am going to try one of those out as well!

• Reply Corey October 7, 2014 at 10:55 pm

What size is the finished quilt? I love the design, and I think I may make one for my son for Christmas, but how big is it?