Ruffled apron sew-a-long

Ruffled apron sew-a-long
September 4, 2013 nicole

Hi friends, today I am sharing my apron from the Ruffled Apron Sew-A-Long over at See Kate Sew! This is part of her Ruffles 2013 series – p.s. she has some really cute tutorials guys!

Kate had this fabulous, easy to follow and FREE pattern over on her blog. I saw this on instagram when she first posted it and knew I had to try it out 🙂

The funny thing is that I have never really made anything using a real pattern before and this week alone I made two things! Yay for trying something new! Speaking of new….ruffles, I am seriously hooked 🙂 The only thing I am going to change is to make the waist strap longer so I can wrap it around my waist, as you can see in these pics I made the length only suitable for tying behind my back. HA!

apron7My version is a Christmas party apron. I figured this would be an awesome apron to wear on Christmas Eve when we have the family together and are in the kitchen working on Christmas goodies. Next up…a Halloween Apron!

Also a big thanks again to Kate for being so generous with the free pattern. Looking forward to making some more aprons as gifts!

Thanks for stopping by!

1. Alyce Rodriguez 5 years ago

I love it! I’m planning on making another apron too and definitely will be making the waist straps longer. It’s so much easier to tie in front, I think.

Alyce I just loved yours! Maybe we should start an apron swap….just an excuse to make more, ha!

3. cute,cute, CUTE! I love the fabrics you chose for this!

🙂 Kelly

Thank you so much Kelly!! I love these little owls so much I swear they are going to be in every holiday project 🙂

5. Jerome 5 years ago

Love it!

6. Well aren’t you the cutest thing ever! Your apron turned out darling and yes- it would be perfect for Christmas eve! I’ll have to check out the pattern too!

Ha! Thank you Jennifer!! You will live this apron pattern…so easy to make and it is so cute in any fabric. Just double the apron strap to have a wrap around tie and you will be all set. Stil need to adjust mine to make it work. Thanks for stopping by!

8. Kathy Gannon 4 years ago

How do I find the pattern? I’ve tried downloading it and got some bogus site instead.

Hi Kathy – I just tried the link myself and I did see the strange page it sends us to. After reading her post about the apron it looks like you might have to be a newsletter subscriber to get the free pattern at this point. I will say – as a newsletter subscriber myself, that it is not very frequent and she does share some fun things if you are thinking about being added. I wish I had access to it another way, hope this helps 🙂

1. […] BONUS: Super cute versions from Sew Caroline (left) and Nicole at Modern Handcraft (right) […]