Ruffled apron sew-a-long

Hi friends, today I am sharing my apron from the Ruffled Apron Sew-A-Long over at See Kate Sew! This is part of her Ruffles 2013 series – p.s. she has some really cute tutorials guys!

ruffled-apron-sew-a-long

Kate had this fabulous, easy to follow and FREE pattern over on her blog. I saw this on instagram when she first posted it and knew I had to try it out :)

apron6

The funny thing is that I have never really made anything using a real pattern before and this week alone I made two things! Yay for trying something new! Speaking of new….ruffles, I am seriously hooked :) The only thing I am going to change is to make the waist strap longer so I can wrap it around my waist, as you can see in these pics I made the length only suitable for tying behind my back. HA!

apron7My version is a Christmas party apron. I figured this would be an awesome apron to wear on Christmas Eve when we have the family together and are in the kitchen working on Christmas goodies. Next up…a Halloween Apron!

apron3

apron2

apron1

apron4

Also a big thanks again to Kate for being so generous with the free pattern. Looking forward to making some more aprons as gifts!

Thanks for stopping by!

9 Comments on Ruffled apron sew-a-long

1. Alyce Rodriguez
    September 4, 2013 at 10:05 am (11 months ago)

I love it! I’m planning on making another apron too and definitely will be making the waist straps longer. It’s so much easier to tie in front, I think.

• nicole
      September 4, 2013 at 10:42 am (11 months ago)

Alyce I just loved yours! Maybe we should start an apron swap….just an excuse to make more, ha!

• nicole
      September 4, 2013 at 11:58 am (11 months ago)

Thank you so much Kelly!! I love these little owls so much I swear they are going to be in every holiday project :)

2. Jerome
    September 9, 2013 at 3:40 pm (11 months ago)

Love it!

3. Jennifer @ ellison lane
    September 12, 2013 at 9:14 pm (10 months ago)

Well aren’t you the cutest thing ever! Your apron turned out darling and yes- it would be perfect for Christmas eve! I’ll have to check out the pattern too!

• nicole
      September 13, 2013 at 6:53 am (10 months ago)

Ha! Thank you Jennifer!! You will live this apron pattern…so easy to make and it is so cute in any fabric. Just double the apron strap to have a wrap around tie and you will be all set. Stil need to adjust mine to make it work. Thanks for stopping by!

4. Kathy Gannon
    February 4, 2014 at 4:18 pm (6 months ago)

How do I find the pattern? I’ve tried downloading it and got some bogus site instead.

• nicole
      February 5, 2014 at 8:43 pm (6 months ago)

Hi Kathy – I just tried the link myself and I did see the strange page it sends us to. After reading her post about the apron it looks like you might have to be a newsletter subscriber to get the free pattern at this point. I will say – as a newsletter subscriber myself, that it is not very frequent and she does share some fun things if you are thinking about being added. I wish I had access to it another way, hope this helps :)